Saturday, October 29, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Alright, alright, I know it's a few days early, but there was a halloween party at the Embassy tonight, and aside from watching a ridiculous amount of Halloween themed movies, it was my celebration for this year. Since they don't celebrate Halloween here, we had to make Jack and Clare's costumes: Jack went as a zombie, wearing a cut up version of one of my undershirts and covered with paint, and Clare dressed as static cling with socks and wash cloths pinned all over her clothes and her hair done up in one of my wonderful experiments.
I do actually have a decent picture of them, but I thought this represented their personalities more accurately.
I opted out of dressing up this year, but I did make some pretty cute cookies! They turned out pretty well, thank goodness, considering they took the better part of two days.

The party included trick-or-treating, a costume contest, magic tricks, and of course, bobbing for apples.
This is Alex. She and her parents moved here a few weeks ago, and she'll be in first grade at Jack's school, starting Monday.

I'm off to watch Halloween Town now, so happy Halloween everyone! 

3 comments:

  1. I love the costumes!!!

    Also those are some pretty good looking cookies----Servatti's watch out!!

    Love you all
    Grandma Clare

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome costume clare! miss u like crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha thanks em. and grandma they were good, but not servatii's good!

    ReplyDelete